Why should you collect EEG and fNIRS simultaneously?
- Co-registration of both modalities offers the possibility to examine cortical activity more comprehensively
- EEG measures the brain’s rapid electrical activity while fNIRS is linked to the brain’s hemodynamic response
- EEG offers high temporal resolution (millisecond precision) and fNIRS offers good spatial resolution (< 1 cm)
- Both neurophysiology techniques do not interfere with each other
- Triggering and event synchronization are possible with Brain Products’ EEG and NIRx’s fNRIS systems
Stationary EEG-fNRIS configuration
- Classic lab-based designs
- Full experimental and environment control
- Suitable for high-density EEG-fNIRS
For more details on how to combine EEG and fNIRS for your stationary, lab-based research, check out the Brain Products Press Release article on “Fully powered, high-density, EEG & fNIRS with Brain Products and NIRx”.
Mobile EEG-fNRIS configuration
- Lightweight, wearable, and wireless
- Set up suitable for real-life settings
- LabStreamingLayer (LSL) software suitable and recommended for triggering of EEG and fNIRS data
For more details on how to combine EEG and fNIRS for your mobile research, check out the Brain Products Press Release article on “Introducing a mobile, multimodal EEG-fNIRS setup”.
Do you have questions regarding the combination of EEG and fNIRS?
Please feel free to contact us for questions related to recommended combinations of EEG & fNIRS systems, available recording & analysis software, and pricing of equipment. We are here to assist you!